Whenever I’m downtown I see these window cleaners high up cleaning windows of the skyscrapers that make up the gorgeous skyline of Pittsburgh. I always think to myself, “That takes serious guts. I could never do that job.” It does take a special kind of person to do that job. You have to be able to have strength and endurance and of course a lack of fear of heights! I believe that window cleaners are completely misunderstood though. I think we should abolish the myths of these brave soldiers of windex, so I present the 6 myths of your window cleaner.
6. They must be adrenaline junkies. Okay, this one may be true.
5. You must be a manly man. Seriously?! It’s the 21st century people. Women can even vote now. Besides we have been cleaning windows for centuries. We are probably way better at it anyway!
4. They are only using windex. Shhhh! You’re not supposed to know about that!
3. All window cleaners drive. Not true, I have seen them on the bus before.
2. They wear a Spiderman costume under their work clothes. I decided to find out for myself whether vigrx plus work or not this was true. It is not. Again, my apologies Mrs. Denham… I did enjoy your Darth Vader underwear though. Please don’t file sexual harassment on me, I already have 3 cases pending and another one would not look good. Also, you might have to pay extra for them to climb the building using their spidey powers.
1. All professional window cleaners must have been Sherpas in their previous lives. This can’t possibly be true can it? Let’s just say that it’s not. I can’t prove it but then again I can’t disprove it. Also, I’m starting to get hungry so I really just wanna be done with this.
So now that I have completely debunked all 6 myths…. sort of… okay not really. Let’s just say I did. Either way, let’s just say I did it, you should now see your window cleaner with a completely different eye…(preferably not someone else’s) . The next time you see those window cleaners up high on their scaffolding bringing sunshine to the poor people stuck inside the building, give them the thumbs up. Chances are they won’t see you but maybe their spidey sense will pick it up.